Friday, November 22, 2013

Valsavarenche Aosta Valley, Italy

Last weekend Matt and I headed to Valsavarenche in Aosta Valley for hiking in Gran Paradiso park.  We stayed in this cute, cozy bed and breakfast called À l'Hostellerie Du Paradis.  I chose this one, because you walk out of the door of the b&b and you are literally next to one of the hiking trails plus Sasha was allowed in the hotel.  The park was absolutely beautiful, but my only complaint was dogs are not allowed in the park!! What a heartbreak for me, because in case you haven't noticed my dog is attached to our hips and goes everywhere with us.  She has literally been to the top of Europe, she goes into restaurants and stores, but she can't go into Gran Paradiso park?!  Ok, I am done whining here are the pictures we took and yes we had a wonderful time!  The views were some of the best we have seen and in our usual fashion we have a ridiculous amount of pictures.  Enjoy! :-)

hotel

dining room



fondue

two specialties of the region: dry soup and beef with polenta and it was excellent
Ibex!
 






 




















1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I'm glad to see that Sasha has a coat too! ;)
    This is the opportunity of a lifetime and I can't think of nicer people to get to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete