Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Cossogno

Is there a town in Italy that is not picturesque?  Even the tiny ones have so much character!

Now that I can speak just a little Italian (I mean just enough to ask for directions, order food, basic conversation, etc.) I have come to love talking to Italians.  If you are ever lost go ask an older Italian man (they are always walking about or looking for someone to talk to).  They love to help you out!  Now it does come with a lot of other questions, because they want to know where you are from, why you are here (which is usually followed by surprise in small Italian towns, because they aren't used to Americans being in the small towns), but they mostly focus on my dog though.  What kind is she, how old is she, is it a girl or boy, and does she bite or can they pet her.

Sasha and I headed to a tiny town in the Val Grande Park called Cossogno.  There was a post office and one restaurant and lots of hiking.
















No comments:

Post a Comment