Monday, April 14, 2014

Deja Vu! Venice and Burano

No you are not having deja vu, this is my 2nd Venice post in a month.  Everybody that visits wants to go to Venice and frankly I can't blame them so off we went to Vencie again! :-)  Yeah I know, I know you are probably hating me right now for going twice in one month (sorry!).  This time we went with Mom and Dad Sodergren and Mary and Stan Moore.  We found a cute 3 bedroom apartment near the Rialto bridge on air B&B with a great patio.  We are making it a rule that every time we go to Venice we see something we didn't see before, which amazingly is not difficult.  There are about 11 museums and several islands to see so this time Matt and I peeled off from the group and checked out Burano.  Burano is known for their hand made lace (not to be confused with Murano known for their glass).  We also revisited the basilica and museum and of course was more then well worth the visit.  

When we got off the train in Venice we found out there was a 24 hour strike so none of the valparetto's were working so Stan splurged on a water taxi for us!

Matt with Mom and Dad Sodergren

Matt and Stan

Mary and Mom and Dad Sodergren

Even Sasha loved the water taxi






We rented a great 3 bedroom apartment with Air B&B

The whole crew in St. Mark's Square

Appertivo in St. Mark's Square

The next morning we headed to Burano by ferry:


Silly, Matt!












As we were packing up and saying goodbye to Venice, my father in law used the restroom and when he tried to come out the door handle to the bathroom door fell off!  The door was stuck in the closed position so I had to get the trusty swiss army knife out to bust him out of there!  LOL I had to take the door handle off and finally with Stan and I pushing and Dave pulling we finally got him out of there.

See a swiss army knife does come in handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment