Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A special surprise honeymoon crash in Mykonos and Oia, Santorini

One thing that is difficult about being half way across the world, is missing important events in our friends and families lives such as weddings.  On May 10 our dear friends Chris and Chelsea were married in Fort Worth, Texas.  Due to the financial and time zone challenges it was too hard to make it back to Fort Worth for this wonderful event.  However, we hatched a plan with Chris and Chelsea's best friends (living in England) to surprise Chelsea in Santorini, Greece.

Matt and I started out on Thursday by flying from Milan to Mykonos, Greece.  We stayed at the Myconian Spa resort (I recommend this place!).

Welcome treat of local cookies and wine from the hotel

view from our hotel (yup that is a hot tub)

Now this is the way to watch a sunset

Walking around Mykonos Town


 We tried traditional Greek food at the hotel....




Friday morning we hopped a boat from Mykonos to Santorini.  The surprise plan was to all meet at the hotel and give Chelsea one big fat surprise.  However, while I was on the boat I realized that Chelsea and Chris (known as C&C for the rest of the blog) were going to be on the same ferry as ours, because the ferry stops in Naxos (where they were coming from) and making the final stop on Santorini.  When we got to the Naxos pier we watched from the top of the boat as C & C boarded. Matt went downstairs (James Bond style of course) to seek out Chris and let him know that we are on the boat, too.  I wish I could have seen Chris's surprised face when he saw Matt.

Chris tried to get Chelsea off the boat as fast as possible while we tried to wait as long as we could.  As Matt and I tried to sneak out the back door of the boat of course who do we see walking right in front of us through the window? C & C of course!!  I turned my head as fast as possible (thank God I had my glasses and hat on!) and the crew member slammed the door in my face (apparently it was an emergency exit...oops).  I see Chelsea laughing about this and she doesn't realize I am the one on the other side of the door....hehe.

So Chris finally gets her out to the pier and pretends to take a picture (he is really recording a video) of her while we are standing behind her.  He tells her to turn around and surprise!!

<insert video from Chris later>

So two days of fun (ridiculousness) in Santorini begin!




view from our room




The whole crew of Honeymoon Crashers at dinner














Sadly we had to say our goodbyes to Santorini and our friends and head back to Mykonos for a little  beach time before we caught our plan back to Milan...



I can't quite put to words how much we loved these Greek Islands and to be surrounded by awesome friends was.....priceless......



No comments:

Post a Comment