Monday, September 30, 2013

Varese, Santa Maria del Monte, Sacro Monte, and Parco Regionale Campo Dei Fiori

Sasha and I are adventurous (we are not the sit around the hotel type of dog and dog owner) and we decided to go to Varese (sits between Lake Maggiore and Lake Como) on Thursday.  We hiked in the park and walked around Varese.  As you can see from the pics I will have really great quads before I leave Italy......

Path up to a 360 Look out area


road into the park - I wanted to show you how amazing the trees are!




It was a shame it was so foggy today, we will have to return on a day that is more clear










I think this says that the Italian Artillery Association posted this cannon here in 1978 in the province of Varese




Varese
Here is one thing I find amazing about Italy.... they have very old religious buildings that were built into the side of a mountain several hundred years ago and they are still very well preserved.  You walk along the path and each building has a scene from the bible or a religious depiction contained within.  Each building must have taken months (maybe years?) to build along with the paintings, statues, and scenery inside.






This is a bed and breakfast I saw that might be worth visiting one day






Sacro Monte di Varese

Description on Sacro Monte and Santa Matria del Monte








No comments:

Post a Comment