Monday, November 3, 2014

Another chance to celebrate in Alpe Devero

Since the beginning of September this year, I am trying to live by this new moto:






Sasha update:  Over the past 2 months, Sasha has been taking her medicine regularly and she can walk on her own right now so I am taking every opportunity with her I can.  She lies on her bed in the kitchen with me while I explore Italian cooking and hangs out on the couch with me while I study.  Actually she is doing so well that I took her back to the vet a few weeks ago (I was only doing vet appointments over the phone to minimize how much Sasha had to get in the car and go on the stairs).  The vet didn't believe me when I told her she can walk on her own now and when we walked into the vet clinic she said "Incredible! I didn't believe you that she could walk so well!"  

Since she is doing well, next week she goes in for another CT and a biopsy so we really know what kind of tumor we are dealing with so can attack this with all we can!  This week is hard, because we are reducing her medicine so she can have the tests without a false reading.  I think she is a little depressed since we haven't been able to go hiking the past two months (we typically go at least 2 times a week...I do live near the Alps after all!).  And I think I was, too.  I can't go hiking and leave my best hiking buddy behind. 

So last weekend we decided to venture out on a picturesque, but not strenuous hike about 1.5 hours north of us on the Italy/Swiss border called Alpe Devero. 




So I have to admit that I am not familiar with wild goats, but when we saw a herd turn towards us and start running....well the 3 of us ran, too!  We found out very quickly that they were just curious. <embarrassing!>
We had some curious visitors



As is typical with Sasha, she doesn't like her picture taken and I love to take her picture so we are typically in a camera 'battle' ;-)   I set the timer on my camera and captured evidence of her disobedience! LOL...... I celebrate that she gave me this good laugh:


She knows where the camera is!
 















I celebrate that I had another good hike with her and Matt as a family and I celebrate that I happened to see this picture while I was uploading photos today.  This is an old photo from a few years ago when I caught Sasha and Matt napping on the couch.  It gave me a smile and I thought it might give you one, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment