Monday, November 3, 2014

La Scala in Milan, Rome round 2, Naples, and Capri!

One of my friends since junior high, Heather, came to visit for 2 weeks and we hit some great highlights!  Grab your glass of wine or drink of choice, boys and girls, there are a lot of pictures here!

We spent one night at La Scala in Milan to see a German Opera with an Orchestra.  It was fantastic!  I really wish I would have brought my good camera, my old iphone just doesn't cut it anymore...







We spent 3 days in Rome and 1 day in Naples and Capri.
Our first night in Rome, we headed over to the Vatican for an evening viewing and an appertivo buffet! The last time I went to the Vatican, it was at 7AM so it was very interesting to see it at night this time.

 It had just stopped raining when we arrived so it gave an opportunity for wonderful photos:




Appertivo bar


 I loved the shadows that were naturally created at night time:




Last time I didn't get to see the Egyptian museum (inside the vatican) since it is only open during limited times:


Of course a trip to Rome is never complete without a visit to the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, and the Forum:

















Next we took in the Pantheon:


And made a Gelato stop!


The second night we took a dinner cruise along the Tiber, but we stopped and took a few evening and night time pictures on our way:


Colosseum at sunset














This round in Rome, I saw the Baths of Dioclitian and the Museum of Rome (this has the famous disc thrower statue):












The next day we went to Naples and Capri:


 And of course we had to go for a boat ride in the famous Blue Grotto:






This is proof that Heather actually did ride the gondola! ;-)








No comments:

Post a Comment